So says, Kate of “Jon and Kate Plus 8.” Last night I was watching an episode of this true and funny family that has one set of twins and one set of sextuplets (hence the 8 reference in the show title) when Kate is obviously ticked that the children were eating gum at their Aunt’s house. It’s something we can all relate to.
Kate is a Mom that we can learn from. When you watch the show you see so many techniques and Mom-isms:
- She’s organized: She has to be.
- She only makes one thing for dinner and can’t cater to the eating whims of toddlers. If they don’t like it they don’t eat.
- She’s just trying to be the best Mom she can be.
- She wants the best for her kids.
- She tells it like it is.
- She’s created “special days” for each of her eight children so they can have private Mommy and Daddy time. How hard is that when you have 8 special days and have to get a babysitter for 7 kids every time you have a special day with one of the kids? If she can do that, the rest of us can be sure to spend some special time with our children.
When I am able to catch an episode of Jon & Kate, I realize that for every day I struggle to do it all, I look at the Gosselins and remember and see that they manage to feed, clothe and entertain 8 kids every day. I can manage one right now.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.