This month we need to be reminded to do things that are meaningful. Here’s a list of things to help keep the spirit in the holiday season while not overdoing it:
- Make a list of everything you want to do this month. Then, make another list of everything you think you have to do this month. Make sure your want-to-do list is greater than your have-to -do list.
- Skip events if you don’t really want to go to them and cross at least one event off your list entirely.
- Bake cookies only if you truly love baking.
- Reduce your Christmas card list to only those with whom you truly connect.
- Send a soldier a Christmas card. Send to:
A Recovering Soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue, NW
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001
- Put at least one coin in the Salvation Army kettle every time you see one.
- Spend every evening this month listening to Christmas music before your kids go to bed.
- Finish your Christmas shopping early. Make a list and stick to it.
- Put a date on your calendar now as a deadline for shipping boxes.
- Read Christmas books to your children every night this month. Visit the library to find new ones your family can enjoy together.
- Put an extra strand of lights on your tree this year.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.