This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
There is a great article in Parent’s Magazine this month about raising confident kids. I think this is a cornerstone of parenting. Too often we are worried about how many words out kids can spell properly, how well they do in math are they getting into the best schools, but do we spend as much time worrying about if we are teaching out kids to be confident individuals?
The article breaks it down into a few categories:
- Consider your compliments
- Don’t rescue your child
- Let him make decisions
- Focus on the glass half full
- Nurture his special interests
- Promote problem solving
- Look for ways to help others
- Find opportunities for her to spend more time with adults
- Fantasize about the future
Read the entire article here.