Our school has a new cafeteria and offer hot lunches every day. It’s really exciting, but just isn’t in our budget right now. So, this has made me even more concious of what I’m sending to lunch each day. I don’t want my kids coming home complaigning because they can’t buy a great hot lunch like their friends.
My goals for lunch this year are simple:
- Tasty (my goal is an empty lunch box at the end of the day)
- Healthy (with occasional splurges)
- Look appetizing and even fun at times!
- Not too time consuming to make
So, here’s one lunch I made. I also put a protein (turkey hot dogs) in a thermos that I didn’t photograph. I don’t think I did that great on the healthy part, but the tasty part I got spot on with this lunch:
- half a pumpkin bagel with pumpkin cream cheese (pumpkin’s healthy, right?) (got both of these items from Aldi. Delish!)
- almonds and chocolate covered blueberries
- fresh strawberries
- special flavored Pringles chips (OK, definitely not healthy, but I only put about 4 in there)
I’m expecting empty boxes today.
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!