Every night the Olympics are on and we see athletes compete for the gold. Swimming, gymnastics, archery, even curling (winter) is an Olympic sport. I think I’m going to talk to the Olympic committee and recommend some mom-related sports I’d like to see added to the next Olympics:
- Best meal preparation based on having nothing in the refrigerator or cubbards. (Man, I need to get to the store.)
- Best napper. Which mom can crash the easiest and longest after a full day on the job.
- Most efficient carpooler.
- Best soccer mom.
- Best reader of a children’s book — without looking at the book. (You know you can recite the words to “Good Night Moon” without looking at the book. )
- Fastest make-up putter-oner.
- One handed sippy-cup picker-upper while driving. (OK, Michael Phelps might still win this event given the wing span of his arms, but moms have this one down pat!)
So, it’s a long shot, but moms perform Olympic feats every day. Give yourself a gold medal today!
12 Days of Cookies!
Get 12 AMAZING Christmas cookie recipes in your email!