This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Every night the Olympics are on and we see athletes compete for the gold. Swimming, gymnastics, archery, even curling (winter) is an Olympic sport. I think I’m going to talk to the Olympic committee and recommend some mom-related sports I’d like to see added to the next Olympics:
- Best meal preparation based on having nothing in the refrigerator or cubbards. (Man, I need to get to the store.)
- Best napper. Which mom can crash the easiest and longest after a full day on the job.
- Most efficient carpooler.
- Best soccer mom.
- Best reader of a children’s book — without looking at the book. (You know you can recite the words to “Good Night Moon” without looking at the book. )
- Fastest make-up putter-oner.
- One handed sippy-cup picker-upper while driving. (OK, Michael Phelps might still win this event given the wing span of his arms, but moms have this one down pat!)
So, it’s a long shot, but moms perform Olympic feats every day. Give yourself a gold medal today!