This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
October is one of my favorite months. The weather finally starts to get cooler and we get to prepare for fall decorating. Up north, of course, you get to see the leaves change and smell the crisp cool clear air. Here are some must do’s for October:
- Register to vote. Deadlines differ by state so take a moment right now to find out how much longer you have. Don’t delay, register today.
- Buy or make a fall wreath for your front door. This will liven up the entrance to your home and make you feel welcome in your own home.
- Take your kids to an actual pumpkin patch. Let them roam around and choose the family pumpkin.
- Spend an evening close to Halloween carving the pumpkin together as a family. Or, get multiple pumpkins and let everyone have his/her own to carve.
- Open the windows and let the cool breezes in. In Florida, this is the first time of the year we can let the crisp air in doors. It’s an exciting time to be able to feel the freshness of the air blowing throughout the house.
- Take a hay ride.
- Shop early for Halloween costumes. Don’t wait until the day before or even the week before. Set aside some time this weekend to hunt for that perfect costume, or to visit the fabric store if you are crafty enough to make a costume. The point is, don’t let yourself get stressed out at the last minute. Stay ahead of the madness.
- Put brightly colored fall leaves between wax paper and iron them together. Send these beauties to someone who doesn’t live in an area where the leaves change.
- Set a financial goal. This has nothing to do with it being October, but has everything to do with the economy. Know about your money.