It’s finally starting to feel like fall here in Florida. Friends and relatives are already dealing with snow and sleet, but we’re just getting into jacket weather (and not even that yet!). It’s put me in the spirit to be outside doing fall things. Here’s a list of things you can do to get into the spirit of the season:
- Make some pumpkin bread. Here’s All Recipes’ highest ranked pumpkin bread recipe.
- Pick apples and drink apple cider.
- Take a hay ride.
- Pick out a new book for Thanksgiving. Review this list of the best children’s books about Thanksgiving.
From the Balancing Motherhood archives:
- Preserving Fall in Wax Paper.
- Get an awesome apple pie recipe, learn about the turkey phone hot line for all your turkey problems.
- Fill a shoebox with toys for kids who don’t get Christmas presents. Operation Christmas Child delivers gifts to children around the world. National collection week is coming up, November 16-23, but it doesn’t take long, or take much to fill a box.
Photo courtesy Memotions via flickr.