This carrot craft felt candy pouch – wow, that’s a mouthful, is the sweetest little craft. You can make it pretty fast and it’s make a great gift for Easter baskets this spring!
How to make a carrot felt craft candy pouch
You’ll need a few ingredients. It’s almost no sew, but will use a needle and thread (but, just for a minute!)
You just need to know how to sew up and down around the perimeter of the carrot. I used a bold-colored thread because I wanted it to show through and make it even more colorful.
I like the idea that you can see the stitches in this felt craft.
You’ll use glue for the top of the carrot, then sew it at the bottom.
I used glue for the colorful felt polka dots.
How cute are these carrot felt craft candy pouches?
Now you just need a mini candy bar or piece of candy to put in them.
- Felt fabric – orange light green and dark green
- Scrap felt fabrics – 3-4 different colors
- Matching thread and needle
- Fabric glue
- Pencil – to trace the template
- Print and cut out the patterns from the template. Trace the carrot patterns on orange felt, leaf patterns on the green felts and small circles on different colored scrap felt fabrics.
- Take the 2 carrot patterns and place the smaller one on the top of the big one; match the bottom ends of both pieces. Prepare needle and thread for stitching both pieces together.
- Stitch around the sides of both pieces but keep the top side of the smaller pattern open. After done stitching tie a tight knot and trim extra thread.
- Place the larger leaf pattern at the top-back side of the larger carrot pattern, slightly overlap both pieces, about 1 cm should do.
- Now place the smaller leaf pattern on the top front side of the larger carrot, overlapping the same amount of fabric. Stitch the 2 leaf pattern with the carrot. You may also use fabric glue instead of stitching them.
- Take the small circles cut out from scrap felt fabrics and use fabric glue to add them to the carrot pouch. Place and glue them however you wish. Allow the glue to dry.
- Done! You can place the treats inside the carrot pouch. You can also create larger version of these carrot pouches to put more treats in them.
- Have fun!
If you like this felt craft you may just love the little Easter bunny felt craft too! It also comes with a free printable.