This site contains affiliate links. Please see Disclosure Policies for more information.
Air fryer hand pies are a sweet treat that’s so easy to make. The air fryer crisps the outside of the pie crusts and perfectly warms the juicy cherry pie filling inside.
You might also like our air fryer donut recipe. It’s super easy and a family favorite.
What is a hand pie? It’s a pop-tart like dessert using pie crusts and filled with sweet ingredients. It’s like eating a pie with your hands.
Kids love hand pies because they’re like pop-tarts, but you can make them in fun shapes and add colored frosting or sprinkles.
These are so simple, you can use pre-made pie crust, or make your own.
- refrigerator pie crust
- cherry pie filling
- Roll out the pie crust and use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out an equal amount of heart shapes.
2. Take a half a spoonful of cherry pie filling and place it in the middle of half of your hearts.
3. Using your finger, place a drop of water around the edge of the bottom pie cut out.
4. Place the remaining hearts on top of the Cherry topped hearts and use a fork to mend together.
5. Egg wash each cherry pie.
6. Place in the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Making Hand Pies in the Air Fryer
We love using our air fryer and these hand pies are so easy. The air fryer gives them a perfect crispness and is so easy to use.
Can You Bake Hand Pies In the Oven?
Yes, if you want to make this recipe in the regular oven, place hand pies onto a lined baking sheet. Bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for 15-18 minutes or until golden.
Use biscuit cutter – if you don’t have a heart-shaped cookie cutter, you can use a round biscuit cutter or even the opening of a glass.
Add the egg wash – don’t skip this step as it adds the shine to the top of the pies.
Cook until golden brown – check on the hand pies before they’re completely cooked to make sure your air fryer doesn’t overcook them.
There are so many things you can put inside these hand pies. The easiest is to use pre-made pie filling, but get creative. Here are a few other ideas:
- jelly or jam
- peanut butter
- cinnamon and brown sugar
You can also add frosting (a mixture of milk and confectioners sugar) and sprinkles! Drizzle the frosting or spread it over the entire top of the dessert.
Want More Fun Desserts?
Air Fryer Hand Pies
- 1 package pie crusts
- 15 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 egg
- Roll out the pie crust and use heart shaped cookie cutters to cut out hearts.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of cherry pie filling and place it in the middle of half of your hearts.
- Place the remaining hearts on top of the pie crusts that have pie filling on them. Use a fork to bind the edges together.
- Spread egg wash each cherry pie with a silicone brush or the back of a spoon.
- Set air fryer to 350 degrees and place hand pies in basket. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
What's For Dinner?
Find a recipe for dinner tonight! Get our Top 10 Most Popular recipes ebook sent right to your email.