December is such a stressful month. I’ve been writing about how much I have to do with Christmas creeping up on me. Today, while pulling out of the Einstein Bagels store parking lot a woman in a mini-van waved me into traffic. It was a simple, but great gesture that really put me in the right frame of mind for the day. You see, I was already running late, having run out of the house without eating anything when I decided I needed nourishment for the long day ahead of me. So, stopping for a bagel meant I was pushing the envelope even more. When this woman waved me in it gave me some time back. Here are some ideas of things we can do for each other this month:
- Let a car in front of you.
- Let someone with only one item go ahead of you in line at a checkout counter
- Put money in the Salvation Army kettle. Those bell ringers work for long hours, often in the cold. Put something in.
- Skip the parking spot nearest the store — let someone else park there.
- Put your neighbor’s newspaper by his front door one morning.
- Pay the toll for the car that is behind you.
- Offer to return the shopping cart to the store for someone who just put groceries in his car.
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!