I’ve been running around like crazy making lists, buying gifts, decorating the house (moving furniture back into the living room), making cookies and doing everything to get ready for Christmas. Last night, while at a friend’s house, I learned that some people don’t send Christmas cards. Got me to thinking of ways that we can eliminate stress during Christmas.
- Don’t send Christmas cards this year. if your friends are truly your friends they won’t blacklist you from their card list.
- Stop baking. We all have enough sweets as it is, don’t we?
- Buy your child one less gift than you plan.
- Stop decorating. If you don’t have a decoration up by now, don’t put it up. Will you really miss it for one year?
- Shop online.
- Decide to go to lunch or dinner with a friend after the holidays instead of exchanging gifts.
- Use gift bags instead of wrapping paper.
- Skip at least one party.
- Do one thing for yourself: read a magazine, watch your favorite show, take a bath.
- Take time to reflect. Step back, knock one thing off of your list for today so that you can sit back with a glass of Chardonnay and reflect on what the season is really about.
Amazing Chocolate Dessert Recipes!
Subscribe and download your FREE chocolate dessert recipes ebook!